We have an excellent opportunity for a Group Engineering Manager to join a Leading Food Producer based in Dublin.
Reporting to the Operations Director. Responsible for the smooth operation of the site by providing leadership in the development, support and implementation of Engineering strategy, the delivery of best in class machine uptime, while ensuring that all practices, systems and equipment on site are in accordance with best practice Health and Safety. The role is very much hands on, with the person having ownership for all key aspects of the job.
Full-Time, Permanent Position.
Excellent Salary & Package, including:
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance schedules, and on an ongoing basis evaluate the effectiveness of the PM programme
- Can set challenging performance goals for the team, monitor individual effectiveness, identify skills gaps, and implement programmes to address
- Work within BRC/ ISO9000 and EIQA systems, and show continuous improvement initiatives with that framework
- Identify “green” initiatives consistent with the work which has been championed to date
- Deliver best in class machine uptime
- Work as part of a small Operations management to help develop and deliver Operations strategy
- Liaise with Local Authorities, environmental agencies and insurers, to best effect for the company
- Coach, develop and manage a team of multi-skilled engineers to best effect
- Can demonstrate and communicate concepts clearly and credibly
- Show ability to be innovative and have excellent trouble-shooting skills
- Can champion efficient operations in the business and identify best practice opportunities
- Develop budgets and deliver performance within the agreed budget
- Project management – identification, delivery and post completion audit
- To Champion Safety and to lead site Safety Initiatives, including Safety Action Team
- To Champion Quality
- Trade qualification in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, ideally with formal qualification in HNC or HND. PLC experience essential
- High-level people management skills and leadership. 5+ years experience
- Operations Management experience (ideally within FMCG)
- Knowledge of “best practice” manufacturing techniques
- Project management knowledge, skills and experience
- Strong numerical ability; technologically adept
- Negotiating and decision making skills
- Strong PC skills
- Consistent with a hands-on approach, and ownership for results, on-call for critical issues is essential
- Other desirable skills will include, Instrumentation, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Refrigeration, SCADA, etc.
- An extensive knowledge of good Manufacturing / Engineering practices and procedures